How do I add the jobs list to an existing page?
- Edit the existing careers page in "Text" mode (as opposed to "Visual" mode). Add the shortcode [comeet_data] where the list of jobs should be displayed. Click "Update" to save your changes.
- Go to the settings of the Comeet plugin. For the "Careers website page" choose the page at which you added the shortcode. Click "Save Changes".
Visit the Careers Page.
The list of positions is not shown on the careers page.
- Go to the Comeet Plugin's settings in WordPress and click Save. Make sure that the settings are saved successfully.
- Edit the careers page in "Text" mode (as opposed to "Visual" mode) and make sure that the shortcode [comeet_data] exists in the body of the page.
- Edit the php.ini file and make sure allow_url_fopen is enabled.
When I visit a page I get a "Page not found" message or the page is blank.
- Ensure that you actually have some published positions in your Comeet account.
- Visit the plugin's settings (Settings > Comeet) and make sure the correct Careers website page is selected. Visit this page to make sure it includes the short code: [comeet_data]. Another option is to create a new careers page by selecting Create new page and clicking Save.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin. This problem can arise from conflicts with other plugins and version 1.6.1 introduced a mechanism that handles such conflicts automatically.
I don't see the positions' information when sharing a position on social media.
Make sure you're using the latest version of the Comeet plugin for WordPress. The plugin takes care of adding social information to every page, so positions look at their best when shared on Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media.
If you're using a plugin to manage sharing on your website then we recommend working with YOAST. It is a WordPress plugin for sharing and SEO and it is fully compatible with the Comeet plugin for WordPress.
How does the plug-in work in regards to SEO optimization when promoting our positions?
The WordPress plugin is designed for SEO optimization of your positions:
- The positions page and single position pages are actual pages on your website that can be access by crawlers for indexing.
- Position pages include the social graph meta tags.
- Position pages support the Job Posting schema defined by schema.org (initiative by Google, Yahoo! and Bing). This support was added in version 1.4.1 of the plugin.
- The plugin works with other SEO plugins that run on the WordPress website. It was specifically tested to work with Yoast – a popular SEO plugin for WordPress.